Dr. David Goodrich, Ph.D – Corporate Psychologist
Dr. Doug Ross, Ph.D – Cognitive Psychologist/Consultant
Ronald Lucchino – Age, Inc
The Brain Health Topic explores the brain and the causes of the deterioration of functions.
The Grindal Group, is named for Alan Grindal who offers courses on the brain through Pierian Springs. Topics of relevance are the neucleus of cells, neural pathways, and behavioral and genetic influences. Dr. Alan Grindal also works with Sarasota Memorial Hospital in the Memory Clinic.
The Roskamp Institute is a collection of 70 international scientists studying Alzheimer’s Disease and other similar disorders where dimentia occurs, e.g., diabetes and Parkinson’s Disease. Roskamp has a Cognitive Assessment Clinic where one can obtain a cognitive assessment free at age 60. Even without symptoms, predictions are 90% accurate about possible Alzheimer’s diagnoses.
The group studies all aspects of brain influences on overall health and well being.
Listing of website as resources for neurological/brain disorders
- CureBrainDisease.org (American Brain Foundation)
- http://bitly.com/zG4P7z (dimentia)
- http://bit.ly/VCxDY1 (AD and VCI)
- aan.com/patients (American Academy of Neurology)
- ninds.nih.gov (Natl. Inst. of Neurological Disorders and Stroke)
- alz.org (Alzheimers Association)
- nia.nih.gov/alzheimers (AD Education and Referral Service)
- alzfdn.org (Alz. Foundation of America)
- theaftd.org (Assn. Frontotemperal Degenration)
- cognitivedynamics.org (Cognitive Dynamics)
- neuropathy.org (Neuropathy Assn.)
- apdaparkinson.org (Amer. Parkinson Disease Assn.)
- stroke.org (Natl. Stroke Assn.)
- biausa.org (Brain Injury Assn. of Amer.)
- braintrauma.org (Brain Trauma Fdn.)
From Neurology Now, American Academy of Neurology